These prime 10 tales throughout the nation’s newspapers would possibly curiosity you.
1. Nationwide Meeting to move invoice on election offences fee earlier than 2023 polls
The Chairman of the Senate Committee on the Unbiased Nationwide Electoral Fee (INEC), Senator Kabir Gaya, mentioned on Thursday the Nationwide would move the invoice on the institution of Electoral Offences Fee earlier than the 2023 common elections. Learn extra
2. Tinubu returns from 12 days journey to UK
The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, returned to the nation after spending 12 days in the UK on Thursday. Learn extra
3. ASUU STRIKE: Falana kicks, says registration of CONUA, NAMDA unlawful
The Nigerian Affiliation of Medical and Dental Lecturers (NAMDA) and the Congress of Nigerian College Lecturers (CONUA), which have been not too long ago registered by the Nigerian authorities are unconstitutional, based on a foremost constitutional lawyer, Femi Falana, SAN. Learn extra
4. Wike to signal Rivers Meeting’s choice on derecognition of Omehia as ex-governor
The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, will on Friday signal the movement on the non-recognition of Celestine Omehia as a former governor of the state. Learn extra
5. Courtroom nullifies APC candidates’ nominations in Ogun
The Federal Excessive Courtroom, Abeokuta, on Thursday nullified the nominations of two All Progressives Congress (APC) candidates in Ogun State. Learn extra
Learn additionally: Prime 10 tales from throughout Nigerian Newspapers, Thursday October sixth 2022
6. Nigerian capital market’s funding hits N25.74tr as Geregu, Livestock lead gainers’ checklist
The fairness capitalization within the Nigerian capital market closed at N25.74 trillion on Thursday. Learn extra
7. Nigeria loses $150m every day, solely 10% produced crude will get to terminal —NNPC
The Chief Monetary Officer (CFO) of the Nigerian Nationwide Petroleum Company (NNPC) Restricted, Umar Ajiya, mentioned Nigeria loses $150 million in income each day. Learn extra
8. Footballer jailed 12 years for web fraud in Ilorin
Knowledgeable footballer, Jacob Knowledge Chukwuemeka, was on Monday, October 4, 2022 convicted and sentenced to 6 years imprisonment, for offences bordering on web fraud and possession of fraudulent funds. Learn extra
9. Tanker explosion leaves 2 useless, 3 maimed, 12 automobiles broken in Ogun
A tanker explosion on Thursday morning at a piece of the Sango Tollgate on the Lagos-Abeokuta Street has left two folks burnt to loss of life, three others maimed, and 12 automobiles broken. Learn extra
10. Europa: Man United survive Omonia scare, Arsenal thump Bodo/Glimt
Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial have been on track as Manchester United got here from behind to beat Omonia Nicosia within the Europa League on Thursday evening. Learn extra
Be a part of the dialog
Assist Ripples Nigeria, maintain up options journalism
Balanced, fearless journalism pushed by information comes at big monetary prices.
As a media platform, we maintain management accountable and won’t commerce the appropriate to press freedom and free speech for a bit of cake.
Should you like what we do, and are able to uphold options journalism, kindly donate to the Ripples Nigeria trigger.
Your help would assist to make sure that residents and establishments proceed to have free entry to credible and dependable info for societal improvement.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.